Solutions That Work For Your Junior Golfer
GROWING THE GAME OF A LIFETIME
A year round program designed for boys and girls ages 7-16. Open to beginner golfers with no prior knowledge of the game, or intermediate to advanced golfers who want to improve their game.
Classes are organized into seven skill levels and taught by an experienced PGA golf professional. All students start at level (1) and advance to the next level only by passing a challenge test to assess their mastery of that particular level. Intermediate and advanced students may bypass lower levels by passing the level’s skills challenge. Students also receive a “character counts” lesson during each session focusing on trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
- LEVEL (1) – INTRODUCTION TO FULL SWING – GRIP, STANCE, POSTURE, ALIGNMENT
- LEVEL (2) – INTRODUCTION TO SHORT GAME – PUTTING, CHIPPING, PITCHING
- LEVEL (3) – BEGINNER – SET-UP CHECK LIST, BACK SWING, FULL-SWING FOLLOW THROUGH, ETTIQUITTE, INTRODUCTION TO THE RULES OF GOLF
- LEVEL (4) – ADVANCED BEGINNER – SHORT PUTT TECHNIQUE, LONG PUTT DISTANCE CONTROL AND SPEED, CHPPING LOW, MID AND HIGH LOFTED CLUBS, AND HOW TO PRACTICE RESPONSIBLY
- LEVEL (5) – INTERMEDIATE – PRE SHOT ROUTINE, SWING PLANE, BACK SWING CHECKPOINTS, SWING RHYTHM BALANCE AND TIMING
- LEVEL (6) – ADVANCED – SHORT, MIDDLE AND LONG IRONS, PUNCH SHOTS, GENERAL RULES & KNOWLEDGE, PLAYING RESPONSIBILITIES, SCORING, PACE OF PLAY, COURTESY, RESPECT, DRIVING OFF TEE, FAIRWAY SHOTS, DRAWS AND HOOKS, FADES AND SLICES, TROULE SHOTS, LOB AND FLOP SHOTS, AND BUNKER SHOTS
- LEVEL (7) – MASTER
EQUIPMENT & CLOTHING REQUIREMENTS
Students must wear appropriate golf clothing, and bring needed golf clubs based on level skills being taught. Students without clubs may borrow from the academy based on availability. Appropriate clothing prohibits sweatpants, cutoffs, jeans, tank tops (for boys), or gym shorts. All students must wear tennis or golf shoes.
Each month the student registers for four (4) 60 minute class sessions for Level 1 & (4) 90 minute class sessions for Levels 2 – 4. Cost is $150.00 per month for Level 1 / $250.00 per month for Levels 2-4 and requires a $50.00 non-refundable registration fee per child.
"The premier junior golf tour is a great experience for the beginner golfer, the kids and parents learn rules and etiquette and it's just fun competition for kids that are starting out".
- Jason Boslow
"The Premier Junior Golf Academy has been great for our son. The coaches are fantastic and really have the kid's best interest at heart. Whether your child is a beginner or advanced, there is a program to fit your needs"
- Sam Montalbano
"The junior golf tour tournaments are a great way to introduce the beginning golfer and parents to tournaments. They are "no pressure" environments that are fun for the kids and easy for the parents to understand. My son has a great time at these events and constantly looks forward to the next one"
- Brent Markham